Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
AMAK
New Contributor III

Higher bandwidth usage user move to different wan

We have developed who uses a lot of bandwidth, so we need to move his traffic to the other WAN (wan1) which is our backup ISP.

how can we move the  Higher bandwidth usage user to WAN1?

We are using Fortigate 60F with firmaware v7.2.4 .

6 REPLIES 6
abarushka
Staff
Staff

Hello,

You may consider to configure SD-WAN rule for particular user/group.

FortiGate
AMAK
New Contributor III

That I can get, (192.168.3.101)

kvimaladevi

Hi AMAK,

In the fortiview you can check the Fortiview sources(Top traffic sessions aggregated by source) from where you can get an idea which user is utilizing more bandwidth. 

Then you need to send that user traffic through the required interface. If you route with IP, if its a static IP then fine, if it is dynamic then the routing will not be appropriate as it keeps changing. Hence, you can configure it with the user instead.

Regards,

Vimala

AMAK
New Contributor III

I can get the user from he Fortiview sources, but cannot make a policy for that.

Do I need to make a policy or have to configure through the traffic shaping?

kvimaladevi

Hi AMAK,

You need to have a sdwan rule configured for that specific user traffic to go through the required interface.

Regards,

Vimala

HiralShah
Staff
Staff

Hello Amak,

I believe 192.168.3.101 is taking higher bandwidth for you so as suggested you can create sd-wan rule and in interface preference, you can keep only wan1 as you want traffic from 192.168.3.101 go through wan1 only. 

Hiral
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors