Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
maiconlp
New Contributor II

High Memory Fortigate 100F version 7.0.5

Hello,
My box FGT100F ( in HA Cluster Active-Active ) it shows 72% of memory use, I wonder if there is any bug on 7.0.5 firmware because my configurations it is very bit regard UTM feature.
I have only three IPS profile and my traffic is very low achieves maximum 15K sessions

look at the screenshot below, IPS is always at the top of memory consume but I don´t understand because my traffic is very low regard IPS, APPControl or WebFilter. I had open a ticket in support but they few help me.

memory.png

Please, if somebody has something else about post here.

thanks

7 REPLIES 7
seshuganesh
Staff
Staff

Hi Team,

Can you attach the output of "diag debug crashlog read" command here.

We will check if there are any crashes

maiconlp

Hello, link in attached.

Yes, it fall in conserve mode as crash log. after that I disabled somes feature and IPS profile so the memory down in 72% to 62% but I still think that value is high regard this environment.  

follow log crash

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1AwSLL7YvpRpzfATbjB3vOWp_DqliaU8h/view?usp=sharing 

I´m trying kill wad process but it always auto restart after some times. I already disabled all proxy feature so I wonder Why wad process always run.

bpozdena_FTNT

I don't think you have anything to worry about if the memory usage has been stable for a month. The memory is there to be used - let the system manage it. 

You should really only be concerned if your unit enters conserve mode. In such case, you can disable proxy features (unless they are truly needed), reduce the number of WAD workers and IPS engines, or simply open a support ticket. 

HTH,
Boris
maiconlp

Please regard my previou reply 

vponmuniraj
Staff
Staff

Hi, 

Please share the outputs below: 

get sys perf status

diag hardware sys mem

diag sys top-mem 20

Regards,

Vignesh
maiconlp

maiconlp
New Contributor II

Hello everyone, I decrease IPS profiles, disabled some feautures and reboot at the box.

After that memory throughth from 72% to 64% , I will go keep it monitoring.

thank you

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors