Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
tubirubs
New Contributor II

HardwareSwitch SoftwareSwitch in 7.2.8M

Hello Everybody,

I have a big problem on my hands. I currently use the fortigates network with version #7.0.14M and the objective is to migrate to version 7.2.8M. However, I have a problem, because we use Hardware Switch and also software swit

Imagem WhatsApp 2024-04-08 às 14.16.29_f1c2e394.jpg

Imagem WhatsApp 2024-04-08 às 14.17.43_89beb571.jpg

My problem is when I upgrade to the desired version, the hardware switch stops working, if the sub interfaces are members of the software switch. If you remove it from the software switch, the vlan interfaces are UP. In the switch software, they are DOWN

Any tips?

1 Solution
Toshi_Esumi
SuperUser
SuperUser

In the 7.2.8 release notes below, there is a known issue similar to your description. But it's just GUI view. I would suggest you ask TAC via ticket to evaluate your issue if it's a known  issue. There might be a temporally patch version available if you can't wait until 7.2.9.

On the Network > Interfaces page, hardware and software switches show VLAN interfaces as down instead of up. The actual status of the VLAN interface can be verified using the command line.

https://docs.fortinet.com/document/fortigate/7.2.8/fortios-release-notes/236526/known-issues

Toshi

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Toshi_Esumi
SuperUser
SuperUser

In the 7.2.8 release notes below, there is a known issue similar to your description. But it's just GUI view. I would suggest you ask TAC via ticket to evaluate your issue if it's a known  issue. There might be a temporally patch version available if you can't wait until 7.2.9.

On the Network > Interfaces page, hardware and software switches show VLAN interfaces as down instead of up. The actual status of the VLAN interface can be verified using the command line.

https://docs.fortinet.com/document/fortigate/7.2.8/fortios-release-notes/236526/known-issues

Toshi

AEK
SuperUser
SuperUser

Hi @tubirubs 

Using VLAN interfaces from a hardware switch in a software switch honestly I never seen that and I have some doubt if it is a supported configuration. Better to contact TAC also to ask if it is supported.

AEK
AEK
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors