Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
fcoppotelli
New Contributor

Guest email credentials missing from FortiNAC Kiosk

Hi,

I've a problem.

When I try to create a guest account from the Kiosk portal on FortiNAC I receive the guest email missing the username and the password for the guest account that I've just created. In the received email I can see only the disclaimer message.

If I create a guest a account using the self registration form I receive the credentials correctly via email, same thing if I create a guest account from the guest and contractors 

The Fortinac is running the newest version v9.4.5.0791 (GA)

8 REPLIES 8
AEK
SuperUser
SuperUser

Hi

I think your are facing the below known issue.

852560Custom Guest Account Password e-mail template is not used for Self Registration Self Registered Guest.
AEK
AEK
fcoppotelli
New Contributor

Actually I correctly receive all the details in the email in case of self registration self registered guests.

I receive an empty email if I create a guest from the Kiosk portal (receptionist portal)

ebilcari
Staff
Staff

Are you using a custom Guest template, any specific configuration?

template.PNG

- Emirjon
If you have found a solution, please like and accept it to make it easily accessible for others.
fcoppotelli
New Contributor

Hi Emirjon,

yes I use a custom template, if I flag "send Password separately" I receive 2 email:

1 empty , containing only the disclaimer

1 with just the password (without the username)

guest_template.PNG

ebilcari

If you choose to print the content, does it show all the account information?

kioska.png

When you create the guest account from the Guest & Contractors that can send the credentials via email correctly, are you choosing the same template?

- Emirjon
If you have found a solution, please like and accept it to make it easily accessible for others.
fcoppotelli

Hi,

after creating the guest account I can see all the information on the screen.

If I print it I can see all the details, if I click on "send email" the email received contains only the discliaimer.

Guest_account_Kiosk.PNG

ebilcari

It looks like the problem is isolated on the GUI and this button functionality. One last thing to check before proceeding with a ticket with TAC support is to create at least one email template if it's not already created. Later version of FNAC would require a template in order to send the credentials via Email/SMS (no default template unless upgraded from older versions of FNAC)

template msg.PNG

- Emirjon
fcoppotelli

Hi,

I've tried to configure a new email template but the behaviour is the same, when I use the account asociated to that template in the Kiosk to generate a new guest, the email is not forwarded by the FortiNAC.

In all the other cases (manual creation of user or via bulk file) the email containing the credentials is always sent by the system.

Thanks for your support, in the meantime I open a SR to Fortinet.

Regards,

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors