Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
heyyo
New Contributor

Guest Management - Edit the email received by the guest

I am currently working on FortiGate Captive Portal with Guest Users, and wondering if I can edit the email received by the guests.

This is my reference link - https://community.fortinet.com/t5/FortiGate/Technical-Tip-FortiGate-Captive-Portal-with-Guest-Users/ta-p/278606

On step # 2, a sample output is provided when the credentials are sent to the guest. I am looking at removing the sponsor and company field. Is that possible?

Thank you!

1 Solution
hbac
Staff
Staff

Hi @heyyo,

You can disable those fields: 

guest.PNG

You can also edit the email template under System > Replacement Messages > Extended View > Guest User Email Template. 

email template.PNG

Regards,

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
hbac
Staff
Staff

Hi @heyyo,

You can disable those fields: 

guest.PNG

You can also edit the email template under System > Replacement Messages > Extended View > Guest User Email Template. 

email template.PNG

Regards,

heyyo
New Contributor

Hi, @hbac. Thanks for this!

Also, would it be possible to customize the template using html format?

Tried to format replacement messages in HTML and uses HTML tags, such as '< b >some bold text< /b >'

But I am still receiving in plain text. 

heyyo
New Contributor

I think I already have the answer:

"Replacement TEXT for guest-user credentials email message" is the description of Guest User Email template. I assume that HTML is not support by this template.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors