Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
rsatjharman
New Contributor

Guaranteed Bandwidth

Hi,

I have a Fortigate 50E set up as follows -

WAN 1 - 8MB

WAN 2 - 4MB

Internet Access routed to SD-WAN

1.  How can I set up a scenario where 3MB of WAN 1 is always available to a group of IP Addresses or MAC Addresses within

the LAN ?

2.  The Balance of 5Mb from WAN 1 and 4 MB should be made available to other IP Addresses on 2 levels of Priority

Level 1 - Group has priority to 5MB + 4MB

Level 2 - lower level of Access to 9MB

2 REPLIES 2
lobstercreed
Valued Contributor

Right now the Fortinet training modules are free, so I'm going to say you should go watch this rather than have me try to explain it to you.

You want to go to the SD-WAN Self-Paced course here https://training.fortinet.com/course/view.php?id=4125

And choose module 4 regarding traffic shaping.  It does a really good job explaining how it works and what the different options do.

sw2090
Honored Contributor

Make a Internet policy for this ip group that comes before all other internet policies. Then add a traffic shaper to that policy and set it accoardingly. Might be needed for both directions. 

Maybe (never triedit) this can also be achieved with some sd-wan rule(s)...

-- 

"It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes." - Douglas Adams

-- "It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes." - Douglas Adams
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors