Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
rezafathi
Contributor II

Give fsso users internet

Hi

I want give my users internet based on their AD credential. In firewall policy if i select users or users group i should choose a address or something else. If i choose all+user group is that going to give internet only to specified users or all of them?

Reza F.
Reza F.
1 Solution
anignan
Staff
Staff

Hi @rezafathi ,

If you select ALL in address the user still needs to be part of the user group in order for traffic to be allowed.

Abdel

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
anignan
Staff
Staff

Hi @rezafathi ,

If you select ALL in address the user still needs to be part of the user group in order for traffic to be allowed.

Abdel

Markus_M
Staff
Staff

Hey,

with FSSO you will need some way of collecting the users that had(past tense) logged on and are filtered based on their group membership. Once this is complete, FortiGate will list the user in the firewall user monitor on dashboard or on CLI with

diag firewall auth list

If the user is present with respective group, it can be used on firewall policies and pass.

Alternatively, you can set an LDAP based group on a policy and a user can get a captive portal popup to authenticate actively.

Once done, FortiGate will look up the group membership of that user and see whether there is a match.

Best regards,

Markus

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors