Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
lostboy10
New Contributor

GRE Tunnels with Zscaler

I am looking to configure 2 GRE Tunnels with Zscaler for my internet traffic on a forti 7.4 cluster. If i understand this correctly i have to configure a GRE Interface , assign tunnel end IPs , add route towards GRE Tunnel.

But how do i setup 2 GRE Tunnels in Active/Passive mode ? does both of them are setup with Port1 and different remote end endpoints ? how is the switchover handled in case say GRE1 tunnel fails ? 

any help is appreciated.

1 Solution
spoojary
Staff
Staff

You can do that based on the static route of the destination.

Change the ad distance of the secondary one to a higher number.

To ensure that the primary tunnel (GRE Tunnel 1) is used as the active path and the second tunnel (GRE Tunnel 2) is used as a backup, you can manipulate the route metric. Set the metric lower on the primary route.

Siddhanth Poojary

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
spoojary
Staff
Staff

You can do that based on the static route of the destination.

Change the ad distance of the secondary one to a higher number.

To ensure that the primary tunnel (GRE Tunnel 1) is used as the active path and the second tunnel (GRE Tunnel 2) is used as a backup, you can manipulate the route metric. Set the metric lower on the primary route.

Siddhanth Poojary
lostboy10

Thanks..so for tunnel 1 and 2 ..i can use my cluster vip and the other end will be zscalar endpoint 1 and 2 ?

And both of them can be setup on port1 ? 

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors