Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
fjulianom
New Contributor III

Free FortiCloud clarification

Hi guys,

Please, I need clarification about the free FortiCloud account. This is what I have gathered about it:

NSE4:

Every FortiGate comes with a free one month trial of FortiCloud. Through the FortiGate GUI, you can bind FortiCloud to your Fortinet Technical Support & Customer Service account, activate the trial, and start sending logs.

FortiCloud datasheet:

Data retention is limited to 7 days. Customers with FortiGate model 30 through 3200 series receive 7 days of rolling storage (unlimited volume).

https://www.fortinet.com/content/dam/fortinet/assets/data-sheets/FortiCloud.pdf

Fortinet docs:

A no-charge service option is available, with 1 GB of storage data. However, the free service is limited to 100 MB logs per day, and only retains 30 days of traffic.

https://docs.fortinet.com/uploaded/files/1730/forticloud-faq-20.pdf

As you can see, the documentation is ambiguous. FortiCloud datasheet says data retention is limited to 7 days with unlimited volume, but Fortinet docs says data retention is limited to 30 days with 1 GB of volume. And NSE4 says the free account is one month, but I have many customers with the free account and they have been using it for several months.

If a customer asks me about this, I don't know what to say. Please some clarification.

Regards,

Julián

1 Solution
neonbit
Valued Contributor

Hi Julián,

There was a change with the FortiCloud account, before it was 1Gig of storage limited to 100 megs a day. Now the free version allows unlimited storage for the last 7 days. There is no 30 day limitation to this. Ie the FortiCloud datasheet has the most upto date version of FortiCloud.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
neonbit
Valued Contributor

Hi Julián,

There was a change with the FortiCloud account, before it was 1Gig of storage limited to 100 megs a day. Now the free version allows unlimited storage for the last 7 days. There is no 30 day limitation to this. Ie the FortiCloud datasheet has the most upto date version of FortiCloud.

fjulianom
New Contributor III

Hi neonbit,

Many thanks for the clarification :)

Regards,

Julián

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors