Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
rcpdkc
Contributor II

Fortisandbox Virtual machine internet access

1000034493.jpg

 Is it normal for a private virtual machine not to access the internet in edit mode?
The license wants to verify but cannot verify because there is no access?
Also how can I connect the virtual machine to my local license server?

1 Solution
rcpdkc
Contributor II

I found out that the virtual machine did not connect to the internet in the test environment. After activating the machine, when I looked at the screenshots, I saw that it could successfully connect to the internet. My problem was solved. thanks.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Stephen_G

Hello,

Thank you for using the Community Forum. I will seek to get you an answer or help. We will reply to this thread with an update as soon as possible.

Thanks,

Stephen - Fortinet Community Team
Stephen_G

Hi rcpdkc,

We are still looking for an answer and will get back to you as soon as we get one.

Kind regards,

Stephen - Fortinet Community Team
kagritelis
Staff
Staff

Hello @rcpdkc,

Regarding your questions,

1.: Is it normal for a private virtual machine not to access the internet in edit mode?

+ Yes, this is expected behavior. The edit mode is for some small changes (such as refine the autorun.bat file, install offline a program etc.). For bigger changes or to have internet connectivity it's better to use VirtualBox on your Computer to edit the Custom VM.

2.: The license wants to verify but cannot verify because there is no access?

+ You can try to do offline activation. Although there are some licenses that can be only activated through internet. If that is true you can try to initialize the VM, in that phase the VM will get proper internet access and the licenses will be activated automatically (if it was already activated inside the VirtualBox of your PC (before you Uploaded it to the FortiSandbox)).

3.:Also how can I connect the virtual machine to my local license server?
+ I think for this question it is better to reach Microsoft to provide you the exact steps needed.

Have a good day ahead.

Kind Regards
Konstantinos Agritelis
Fortinet EMEA TAC Engineer

rcpdkc
Contributor II

I found out that the virtual machine did not connect to the internet in the test environment. After activating the machine, when I looked at the screenshots, I saw that it could successfully connect to the internet. My problem was solved. thanks.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors