Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Umesh
Contributor

Fortinet lab setup

Hi everyone,

I have come here for doubt clearing a simple lab setup. I just want to understand how to configure LACP ( Etherchannel) between Fortinet and cisco switch along with what else configuration should I configure for better service.

In my lab setup, there are around four subnets and Vlans that belong under the LAN zone. 

10.1.1.0/24

10.1.2.0/24

10.1.3.0/24

10.1.4.0/24

here is the LAB digram-

forinet lab.JPG

Request you to please recommend me how to configure LACP and trunking between the Fortinet FW and cisco switches.

As you can see that there are HA concepts -

Fortinet FW 1 & Fortinet FW2

Core-SW1 and Core-SW2

Thank you

Umesh

2 REPLIES 2
jintrah_FTNT
Staff
Staff

Hi Umesh,

On FortiGate end, the lacp bundle is bound  to each Fortigate device, therefore you must bundle the port G0/0 of core-sw1 and G0/1 of Core-sw2 together and likewise.  Please refer Technical Note : FortiGate HA A-P (Active-Passive)... - Fortinet Community for some additional info.

Best regards,

Jin

Toshi_Esumi
SuperUser
SuperUser

I don't see much difference from your previous post.

https://community.fortinet.com/t5/Fortinet-Forum/LACP-configuration-in-fortigate-along-with-cisco-sw...

LACP needs to establish neighboring between two parties. The best way is still stacking two switches into one as Jin said above.

Toshi

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors