Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
xvestor
New Contributor

Fortinet Device Guide and Advice

Forgive me if this not the right place to ask. can anyone explain to me because im bit confuse, why high model NGFW overall bit better than ultra high model? i mean like firewall throughput seems high model bit better than ultra high model. is there any specific advantage in ultra high model?

i need to know more about fortinet, if somebody can explain or give me some source i really appreciate ( already did some research before, but doesnt feel enough). my company want me to learn more about fortinet, i hope i can get more information in this forum

thankyou very much.

Regards

2 REPLIES 2
ziggolina
New Contributor

Hi guys

I upgraded a HA cluster over the weekend of Fortinet 600D firewalls. I was upgrading in three steps as below:

Step 1 - Upgrade from 5.4.11 to 5.6.11

Step 2 - Upgrade from 5.6.11 to 6.0.9

Step 3 - Upgrade from 6.0.9 to 6.2.4

The first two steps went very smoothly, but the final step involved a messy reboot after both nodes were upgraded. During the cluster reboot, I lost all connectivity and was contemplating getting remote hands involved. After around 10 minutes, the device thankfully came back online.

Is this normal? Should I be wary of using version 6.2.4?

Many thanks

lobstercreed

Hi xvestor,

Not sure what you mean by your post.  The datasheets are pretty good sources of info. I assume that's what you're looking at?  Can you be more specific?

It's possible you're comparing apples and oranges too.  The various models (60/100/600/1500) have various iterations of hardware (D,E,F) and generally you'll find that comparing D models to D models the sizing makes sense, but yes, a lower end E model may exceed the specs of a higher end D model.  When the D model is refreshed, it will be back to what you might expect.

Someone may be able to explain that better, but maybe that answers your question.  - Daniel

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors