Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
coumbisskante
New Contributor

Fortimail "Invalid License Duplicated" Error

Hello everyone,

I have a licensing problem on FortiMail. FortiMail is displaying the following error "Invalid Duplicated Error". I need to re-upload it multiple times for the license to be valid. But the problem persists.

During the installation, I downloaded the license onto a first VM. Then, I deleted it.

I reinstalled another VM and uploaded the same license, but I'm encountering this problem.

I don't know if the problem could be due to this action. How could I resolve the problem?

Capture d'écran 2024-05-10 095101.png

1 Solution
AEK

Yes, as I said when you delete the old VM you need to wait few hours (6 to 24 hours) before you re-download the license file and push it in the new VM.

If this doesn't work then I guess you'll need to open a CS ticket.

AEK

View solution in original post

AEK
3 REPLIES 3
AEK
SuperUser
SuperUser

Hello

When you delete the old VM you should wait few hours before re-downloading the license file and install it on the new VM.

https://community.fortinet.com/t5/FortiWeb/Troubleshooting-Tip-Duplicate-license-has-been-detected/t...

AEK
AEK
coumbisskante

Hello @AEK ,

Thank you for the fast reply.

Do you also have an idea of how i can resolve this license error?

AEK

Yes, as I said when you delete the old VM you need to wait few hours (6 to 24 hours) before you re-download the license file and push it in the new VM.

If this doesn't work then I guess you'll need to open a CS ticket.

AEK
AEK
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors