Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Not applicable

Fortimail low spam rate

Hi all, I have a Fortimail 100 but recently user report they receive much more spam in their mail box than before. When I click in Mail statistics, only 1/5 of incoming is detected as spam. Most are classified as " Not Spam" . I have enabled FortiGaurd-Antispam Scan, DNSBL, SURBL, Bayesian Scan, Heuristic scan, Banned word scan, Image spam scan in the Profile for the domain. I check the log and copy some IP in the log classified as " Not Spam" , then enter in the Query Fortiguard under anti-spam and it can return the result as spam. I have checked the Fortiguard-Antispam service is enabled. The firmware using is FortiMail-100 3.00,build307,080620. Can anyone suggest how to find out what' s the problem? Thanks for any reply.
2 REPLIES 2
abelio
Valued Contributor

Hi, you' ll need to watch the logs, choose an evident spam that passed through your setup and ask why. Look into the spam origin, inside or outside; Try enabling grey-listing, some ' stream' spams can be stopped with that. You didn' t specify more detailed info or running mode of you unit, so, is difficult avoid guessing. regards,

regards

/ Abel

regards / Abel
romanr
Valued Contributor

Is your Fortiguard license still valid and is the box able to connect to the Fortiguard servers? Are your DNS settings ok? This might cause a lot of features to not work correctly! cheers.roman
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors