Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Tutek
Contributor

Fortimail SPF Sender Alignment do not working

Hi,

we getting a lot of financial spam advertisements that have "Form" field other that "Header From" please take a look my Antispam Profile setttings:

Log when these emails are coming to Fortimail:

Sender alignment tag - do not work.jpg

And how it looks at the employees Outlook:

Fortimail should at first step recognize these messages as Spam so should move it to personal quarantine folder - but doesn't.

Or it should tag these emails as [Suspicious Email] because of SFP Alignment Sender mismatch - but also doesn't.

I created a ticket at support they recommend me to upgrade Fortimail firmware, so I did to latest 6.4.5GA - but this didn't help.

Any ideas?

1 REPLY 1
ESCHAN_FTNT
Staff
Staff

Hi Tutek

Based on your screenshot, it seems the header from and envelope from is from same domain "fin-inwest.pl". This will not match the SPF sender alignment because sender alignment check for email domain mismatch. 

"Sender alignment is an SPF related function that checks for a Header From and authorization domain mismatch." extracted from https://docs.fortinet.com/document/fortimail/7.0.2/administration-guide/352990/configuring-antispam-...

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors