Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
jcegar
New Contributor II

Fortigate managed by Fortimanager - packet capture

Have few Fortigate devices (6.4.12) managed by Fortimanager (7.2.2) and have problem with packet capture in Fortimanager.

Packet Capture is grayed
2023-05-04 12_05_31-Window.png

Any suggestion why this option is not available in Fortimanager? Only solution is to make packet capture directly on device but then device will "out of sync".

1 Solution
srajeswaran

I was testing the packet capture directly from the Fortigate, but this doesn't create a "out of sync". Do you see the devices entering "out of sync"?

Regards,

Suraj

- Have you found a solution? Then give your helper a "Kudos" and mark the solution.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
srajeswaran
Staff
Staff

It is due to compatibility issue. I just tested the same, I am able to configure pcap on Fortigate running 7.2 but the option is grayed out for Fortigate on 6.4.

Regards,

Suraj

- Have you found a solution? Then give your helper a "Kudos" and mark the solution.

jcegar
New Contributor II

Thanks Suraj,

This is a big drawback for users who are using Fortimanager, if such important feature for debugging is not compatible between two products. 

FortiOS 6.4 Release Type Description Notes

6.4.12 Build 2060MatureLatest 6.4 Patch ReleaseReleased 23 February 2023

FortiManager 7.2 Description Notes

7.2.2 Build 1334Latest 7.2 Patch Release

Released 2 February 2023

srajeswaran

I think it will be addressed in upcoming releases, will update here if I get any additional information

Regards,

Suraj

jcegar
New Contributor II

We will keep the eyes on this topic because this feature is needed.

Thanks.

srajeswaran

I was testing the packet capture directly from the Fortigate, but this doesn't create a "out of sync". Do you see the devices entering "out of sync"?

Regards,

Suraj

jcegar
New Contributor II

Unfortunately yes. If I try directly on Fortigate it creates "out of sync". Almost every change directly on device (Login Read-Write) cause out of sync on Fortimanager. 

In Login Read-Only option to create Packet capture does not exist.

Thank you.

jcegar
New Contributor II

Just confirm that I was able to make packet capture directly on devices with a newer FortiOS.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors