Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
MMASLOUH
New Contributor

Fortigate keep close connection between my computer and Hikvision DVRs

Hi,

I have a problem with my new fortigate 200F, i can't start camera live streaming from The DVR GUI. i keep getting this error "Failed to show live stream". So, i have to click on the camera 2 or 3 time to get the live stream work.

When i checked the fortigate logs i found that the firewall close the connection between my computer and the DVR i nthe moment when i clic to start a camera live streaming.

If i shared the 4G internet between my phone and my laptop everything works well.

Headoffice : Fortigate 200F

Branchoffice : Hikvision DVR (Behind NAT port 8040).

Rule : my-computer (all) => Any (all), no security features.

Capture d’écran 2023-06-13 095011.jpg

Sans titre.png

3 REPLIES 3
Stephen_G

Hello MMASLOUH,

Thank you for using the Community Forum. I will seek to get you an answer or help. We will reply to this thread with an update as soon as possible.

Thanks,

Stephen - Fortinet Community Team
Stephen_G

Hi MMASLOUH,

I'm still working on getting someone who can help you. In the meantime, I found a similar sounding query here: https://community.fortinet.com/t5/Support-Forum/WebCam-access-issue/m-p/135564

Apparently, the issue was caused by blocking all outgoing ports on their network.

I hope that helps.

Stephen - Fortinet Community Team
srajeswaran
Staff
Staff

The action "close" don't mean firewall is closing the connection, it just means that the session is closed now (could be closed by client/server/some-other-issues).

Could you please take a packet capture for this traffic on both ingress and egress interfaces of fortigate on which you see this log. Since it is HTTP we could analyze the packet capture and get a better understanding.

Debug flow trace is another option to understand why the session is getting closed.

Regards,

Suraj

- Have you found a solution? Then give your helper a "Kudos" and mark the solution.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors