Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
vinceneil666-01
New Contributor III

Fortigate in Azure vWAN

hi! 

We are a MSSP, supporting several larger customer enviroments both in Azure and on-prem. We are now looking into, amongst other stuff, SDWAN.

All my larger customers are implemented in azure, and as of now each of them have one or more vpn tunnels to my onprem enviroment. 

Now, moving to SDWAN, I am looking into establishing a SDWAN hub pr customer (either placing it on-prem og in Azure). There are issues with overlapping ip addresses, migrations, regulations - so each customer would need their own sdwan. Of course I do have a lot of shared services both on-prem an in azure (most in azure - all is to go there in the "end")

So.. the question ! :) 

Would I be able to implement Fortigate SDWAN within Azure ( I would prefer Azure vWAN !) and utilizing VDOM's to seperate the hub function for the different customers and also creating a vdom protecting/giving access to my shared services enviroment ? 

Have anyone actually done this ? Is it dooable ? -- the reason of-course beein that I woul need only one vWAN hub where I could virtualize my Fortigte ? 

---
---
3 REPLIES 3
xshkurti
Staff
Staff

@vinceneil666-01 

Actually your request is supported by FortiGate:

Microsoft Azure vWAN and NVA overview | FortiGate Public Cloud 7.4.0 | Fortinet Document Library

Please follow this guide to get more insights on the deployment procedure.

vinceneil666-01
New Contributor III

Hi, I do know that I can place a Fortigate within the vWAN hub - but that was really not my question :)

I am wondering about the possibility to do VDOMS on top of that, so to say, and if anyone has any experience with it.

---
---
vinceneil666-01
New Contributor III

I have had talks with both Fortinet and some of their partners, and they all tell me it is supported. But I have yet to see or hear of anyone that has actually done this.

---
---
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors