Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
czadbastian
New Contributor II

Fortigate closes wetransfer connections

Hello,

Fortigate closes connections for reasons unknown to me. I have Fortigate 100F 7.2.3 build 1262. 

I applied https://community.fortinet.com/t5/Support-Forum/Large-transfer-fails-becuase-sessions-keep-getting-d... and conserve is off. All policies are proxy based.

Anyone know something?

Regards

15 REPLIES 15
czadbastian

I did this policy. i added wetransfer as fqdn. I found the server addresses somewhere on the s3.amazonaws.com forums
wetransfer.com
wetransfer.net.
And unfortunately it did nothing

pgautam

Hi @czadbastian 

In place of FQDN please use the ISDB-defined object available for fortigate.

wetransfer.PNG

After adding the ISDB object as the destination test again.

Regards

Priyanka

czadbastian
New Contributor II

Thank you. will try

czadbastian
New Contributor II

It actually works because microsoft teams started working, too. I don't understand why you need to bypass higher when the normal rule should also work???

pgautam
Staff
Staff

Hi @czadbastian 

I am glad to know that is started working now.

It depends on the hosted server's dependency and redirections. If you want to check more regarding a website access redirection you can check from the browser by using the developer tool

https://support.google.com/admanager/answer/10358597?hl=en

FortiGate will look for a matching policy, beginning at the top. Usually, you should put more specific policies at the top; otherwise, more general policies will match the traffic first, and your more granular policies will never be applied. Once a policy is matched it does not look for the other policy. In case when you try to access a website and it has the other domain dependency which is blocked in the bottom rules it will not work as expected. 

Regards

Priyanka

- Have you found a solution? Then give your helper a "Kudos" and mark the solution.

czadbastian
New Contributor II

Thank you very much for your help. I know that the rule that is supposed to specify has to be at the top. Regards

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors