Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
despi
New Contributor

Fortigate can't enable Multi-VDOM

Hello, I want to enable multivdom in a fortigate cluster 60F but when I try to enable it by CLI with "set vdom-mode multi-vdom command", it shows the next error:

(global) $ set vdom-mode multi-vdom
node_check_object fail! for vdom-mode multi-vdom

value parse error before 'multi-vdom'
Command fail. Return code -14

I've throught there should be some kind of incompatibility in the FG configuration but it doesn't give so much info.

Could you help me with this issue?

4 REPLIES 4
alwis
Staff
Staff

Hi @despi 

Thank you for contacting Fortinet Support Forum.

Based on the output $ dollar sign, did you  have permission to enable this feature?

I would suggest you to check on administrator profile.

Regards

Alwis

Toshi_Esumi

I second @alwis. Try this below. Can you see your username?
fg40f-utm $ show sys admin
config system admin
  edit "testadmin"
    set accprofile "prof_admin"
    set vdom "root"
    set password ENC SH2uZnNKXkuG8mbf13c3oew5vknCSc/6RzupOd1ILbRHTWu9RTkf+u4pSAzHSU=
  next
end

Toshi

ozkanaltas
Contributor III

Hello @despi ,

Does the user you use have super_admin privileges? Also, which version do you use? 

https://community.fortinet.com/t5/FortiGate/Technical-Tip-Impossible-to-enable-VDOM-in-FortiGate-and...

If you have found a solution, please like and accept it to make it easily accessible to others.
NSE 4-5-6-7 OT Sec - ENT FW
If you have found a solution, please like and accept it to make it easily accessible to others.NSE 4-5-6-7 OT Sec - ENT FW
ede_pfau
SuperUser
SuperUser

I'm irritated by the prompt as well: "(global)". You would only have a global mode if VDOMs were allowed. Are you sure you are not in VDOM mode yet?

from any prompt:

end

end

config vdom

edit ?

This will display any existing VDOMs (without creating any).

Please post that output.

Ede

"Kernel panic: Aiee, killing interrupt handler!"
Ede"Kernel panic: Aiee, killing interrupt handler!"
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors