Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
admpius
New Contributor

Fortigate behavior changes without apparent reason.

Hello everyone. In our infrastructure, we have a Fortigate 100f. Situation: we are replacing our main switches. I have attached an image for you to see the changes. Basically, we want to remove core-1 and core-2 switches and will keep core-3 and core-4. Currently, everything has been migrated except for VLAN 1, where the firewall and the network communications of the switches are located. The only change I really see here is in MAC addresses since we are configuring the VRRP group in the new cores. That said, when we move VLAN 1 to cores 3 and 4 to finally shut down cores 1 and 2, everything works perfectly except for the services we have in the DMZ of our Fortigate. The question I have is, what could be changing if currently everything is working including the DMZ, and when we make the switch, everything works except the Fortigate's DMZ. Basically, the behavior of the Fortigate is that it sends the traffic, which it is currently correctly sending to the LAN, to another interface or towards the internet. I would appreciate some help on this, and if you need more details, please do not hesitate to ask.

1 Solution
AlexC-FTNT
Staff
Staff

"Basically, the behavior of the Fortigate is that it sends the traffic, which it is currently correctly sending to the LAN, to another interface or towards the internet."
>> routing issue. Check the routing table related to the destination IP:
get router info routing table all
get router info routing table detail DES.TIN.ATION.IP

- Toss a 'Like' to your fixxer, oh Valley of Plenty! and chose the solution, too00oo -

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
AlexC-FTNT
Staff
Staff

"Basically, the behavior of the Fortigate is that it sends the traffic, which it is currently correctly sending to the LAN, to another interface or towards the internet."
>> routing issue. Check the routing table related to the destination IP:
get router info routing table all
get router info routing table detail DES.TIN.ATION.IP

- Toss a 'Like' to your fixxer, oh Valley of Plenty! and chose the solution, too00oo -
admpius

I understand, but the problem is that we are not making any changes to the routes. The routes have already been moved and are working correctly. Today at 17:00 we will make another attempt. Could you suggest a command to diagnose what the problem might be? In any case, I will also check the routing tables. Thank you.

AlexC-FTNT

I can only think about the directly connected routes. If the subnet does not appear as directly connected anymore, then FortiGate will use the default route out (wan).

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors