Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Ozzonation
New Contributor

Fortigate & Fortilogger Config and Hotspot Config

Hello, 

I just bought a logger app called Fortilogger. it is working on a virtual machine and logs are seems fine. i can also check logs realtime. this fortilogger app is provides hotspot also. i've setup all configs and yet my wifi still doesn't have internet connection. i'll try to explain my setup:

Fortigate80E- wan2 port is my main internet.

lan1 port goes to my switch.

lan3 port is for hotspot network and it goes to sw

all my access points are on LAN, and we don't have a VLAN config.

fortilogger runs on IP 192.168.2.5  VM

i've created new interface as hotspot network 10.10.20.1/255.255.255.0 (DHCP is enabled)

i've created new address as fortilogger ip 192.168.25/255.255.255.255

i've created new address as hotspot subnet 10.10.20.0./255.255.255.0

i've created Policy Routes : incoming interface hotspot network 10.10.20.0 - 255.255.255.0 / outgoing interface lan 192.168.2.0 - 255.255.255.0

as firewall policy: lan3 source hotspot subnet to fortilogger 192.168.2.5

hotspot to internet : lan3 source hotspot subnet to WAN2

with all this configuration my phone get 10.10.20.100 ip but i can not connect to internet. 

already configured authentication portal as external. with external portal ip all seems working just fine. 

do you know what is the problem here?

thanks!

2 REPLIES 2
xshkurti
Staff
Staff

@Ozzonation 
Actually Fortilogger does not offer hotspot, but only authentication part of hotspot (captive portals, 2FA etc). Hotspot on the other hand, is handled by FortiGate in connection with FortiAPs.

Please check this document where all steps are explained:

FortiLogger - Log Management, Reporting and Hotspot Authentication for FortiGate

FortiGate will handle traffic after user authentication, so you have to check all policies in place.

Please follow this link and do some debug flow to see where traffic is blocked.

Using the debug flow tool | FortiGate / FortiOS 7.4.1 | Fortinet Document Library

If you have found this as a solution, please like and accept it to make it easily accessible for others.

Regards!

Ozzonation

hi @xshkurti 

Already checked and applied all steps in that document. It didn't help :)

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors