Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Ranithd
New Contributor

Fortigate SSL VPN disconnects between 2-5 minutes suddenly

Dear all, 

Im using fortigate 60E with 5.6 firmware. All users can work only for few minutes & the VPN suddenly gets disconnected. No error comes in. I have installed forticlient 5.6 aas well, but it also give same results

1 Solution
Agent_1994

Sorry for the delay, i was *way* busy 

I had a similar problem with SD-WAN where i work: replies from the ssl vpn were load balanced among our links, i observed traffic going out to wan2 with wan1's IP.

It was solved with this:

config vpn ssl settings

set route-source-interface enable

end

View solution in original post

17 REPLIES 17
Agent_1994
Contributor

Do you have two wan interfaces?

Ranithd

I  have 4M ILL with public IP + 2 other Internet links. load balanced between 3 of them as  ILL(50%)  & 25%  25% .

VPN policy works through ILL

Agent_1994

Sorry for the delay, i was *way* busy 

I had a similar problem with SD-WAN where i work: replies from the ssl vpn were load balanced among our links, i observed traffic going out to wan2 with wan1's IP.

It was solved with this:

config vpn ssl settings

set route-source-interface enable

end

Bonus45

Hey, thanks agent.  I was setting up a new vpn tonight and couldn't figure out the frequent disconnects.  Your listed fix did the trick.

Thanks!

Juma
New Contributor

Hi All, 

I have similar issue, I have FGT 1200D version 5.6.0. 

I have two ISP links, and I have set up SD-WAN. 

I tried the above solution but it still does not work. I have also in put the command below

config vpn ssl settings  set source-interface "ISP"  where ISP is the desired link. 

Still doesn't work. Anybody figured it out? 

Agent_1994

Did you try "set route-source-interface enable"?

Juma

Hi Agent 1994,

Yes I did. Still disconnecting after a few minutes. 

Ashik_Sheik

Hi 

Is there any drops in your internet connection  and how many links added for the SSL VPN  .Try to check the logs in the forticlient .

Regds,

Ashik

Ashu 

Ashu
Juma

Hi Ashik, 

No drops in the internet connectivity , I had suspected that early one. 

For SSL VPN we only use one link.

I uploaded the logs to Fortinet support, they suggested a but in 5.6 which an upgrade might sort. 

That's the next course of action as of now. 

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors