Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
mr_vaughn
New Contributor III

Fortigate 80F-PoE no firmware till Janurary !!!!

I have just been told by support that the newer models of Fortigate 80F-PoE and 81F-PoE etc. are NOT going to get the latest firmware's till January. We will be stuck on 6.2.6 till then. For a security company this is embarrassing.

1 Solution
Kangming

Hi

I am sorry for this. The hardware and chips of the new product need more time to test and adapt before they can be officially released. We also hope to provide customers with stable hardware and software. 

I just checked the V6.4.7 GA version also includes FGT 80F-PoE and 81F-PoE. 

FGT_80F_POE-v6-build5958-FORTINET.out

FGT_81F_POE-v6-build5958-FORTINET.out

Is it possible to use V6.4.7 GA? 

Thanks

Kangming

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Kangming
Staff
Staff

Hi 

FGT80F/80F-POE and FGT81F/81F-POE will be supported in the next upcoming V7.0.2GA version. The current schedule will be released around October 15th, but the release date may change with the handling of the issue, but the next 7.0 version will support them. 

Thanks

Kangming

mr_vaughn
New Contributor III

We are not deploying any 7.0 yet for any Fortinet system unless there is a new install or a new feature that is required. We always wait it patch 3 or patch 4 since we have been burned and wasted so much time in finding and waiting for bugs to be fixed in the first 3-4 releases.

1. How can Fortinet expect to be a leading security company and NOT release new prodcuts with the latest available SECURE and patched software for new Hardware being sold?

2. Why is it that Fortinet Support and the multiple requests for manager call back have NOT provided this answer?

Kangming

Hi

I am sorry for this. The hardware and chips of the new product need more time to test and adapt before they can be officially released. We also hope to provide customers with stable hardware and software. 

I just checked the V6.4.7 GA version also includes FGT 80F-PoE and 81F-PoE. 

FGT_80F_POE-v6-build5958-FORTINET.out

FGT_81F_POE-v6-build5958-FORTINET.out

Is it possible to use V6.4.7 GA? 

Thanks

Kangming

mr_vaughn
New Contributor III

This was not available as of last week when I checked with Fortinet Support TAC.

I will update now.

Thank you.

it was posted/compiled 2021-09-27 21:09:43

Kangming

You're welcome.

Thanks

Kangming

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors