Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
tqtuan1512
New Contributor

Fortigate 80E disconnection internet

Hi guys,

I'm a newbie, I'm using fortigate 80E with OS level 6.4.3 version. I've been disconnected internet on firewall recently. I can't ping ip wan from external and internal as well. I must reboot firewall to resolve the issue. I don't know why and how to fix it. There are 2 line WAN to load balance.  Please help me how to fix permanent this issue. I wonder whether this is related to firmware or not. Where is to check log ? Many thanks for helping me.

2 REPLIES 2
maimaq
New Contributor

If you can't ping WAN IP make sure ping is allowed on the WAN interfaces which is disabled by default.

Check system events under Logging and Monitoring and you should find some logs about the issue.

tqtuan1512

Currently, I always open to ping WAN interface. I checked log from system event without anything. I also monitor IP WAN by PRTG software but cannot get any alert about internet outage or service down. It's so strange. I intend to upgrade firmware to 6.4.4 version on the weekend, then keep monitoring.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors