Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
fhvi-network
New Contributor

Fortigate 60D overheat ?

Hello all,

I've some troubles with a Fortigate 60D-POE.

The firewall stops working, and 2 LEDs are flashing green (the 3 little lines LED on the left, as well as the PWR led). All other leds are off.

I notice it happens during the hot days we currently have in Europe (indoor temperature is 28-31 degrees).

I didn't find any information in the documentation, but it looks like an over heating issue.

It seems there is no temperature sensor in the box, so I don't have monitoring information.

If I unplug the firewall from the power, and wait a few hours, it starts working again.

On the datasheet, the operating temperature is 0 to 40° celsius, so I am in the range.

I'm running OS 6.0

I wonder if the issue is expected, or if there is a hardware issue with either the box or the power supply.

Thanks in advance,

Jeremie

1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello @fhvi-network,

Thank you for using the Community Forum. I would recommend you to run a hardware test if the issue occurs. Please find the article below that helps you with the hardware test. Also when the issue happens please connect to the console port to see if any error is shown.

https://community.fortinet.com/t5/FortiGate/RMA-Note-Hardware-troubleshooting-with-built-in-FortiOS-...

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors