Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Not applicable

Fortigate 50A MR7 Patch1/2 issues

Hello, I recently upgraded a Fortigate 50A with MR7 Patch1 b0730 and experienced the following issue: local user authentication doesn' t work with PPTP and SSL VPN. have not tried other methods of authentication, they are not available. I tried to upgrade to MR7 Patch2 b0733 but it' s faulty for FG50A, the WebUI give an error message " File is not a valid update" . Support contract is valid until 2010. Thank you Francesco
3 REPLIES 3
abelio
Valued Contributor

I recently upgraded a Fortigate 50A with MR7 Patch1 b0730 and experienced the following issue: local user authentication doesn' t work with PPTP and SSL VPN.
which was the upgrade path to mr7? try re-entering user data by hand and re-try, maybe some data was missed.
have not tried other methods of authentication, they are not available.
?? all 3.0 auth methods are available within mr7
I tried to upgrade to MR7 Patch2 b0733 but it' s faulty for FG50A, the WebUI give an error message " File is not a valid update" .
the filename is FGT_50A-v300-build0733-FORTINET.out ; try re-check it with a MD5 calculator if your download file gives md5sum: 6710c2d192a52d87e776a68bb0056923 Maybe the download process broke it.
Support contract is valid until 2010.
then, if above points doesn´t helped, raise a ticket with Fortinet Support regards

regards

/ Abel

regards / Abel
Not applicable

Doesn' t remember exactly the build but was MR5 before the upgrade. Tried removing and redo all the settings, policies, vip etc but no luck. About auths meaning was in that company there' s no radius, ldap, etc to authenticate users, I can try only local authentication md5sum is correct and I tried to download it 5 times, same thing the update is broken IMHO. First time was thinking the problem was upgrade path from MR5 so I tried MR7p1 and it was successful Later I tried to update again to MR7p2 but again no luck... I will try to register as a partner to open a ticket but I' m not a direct reseller... Thank you Francesco
abelio
Valued Contributor

ORIGINAL: mannix Doesn' t remember exactly the build but was MR5 before the upgrade. Tried removing and redo all the settings, policies, vip etc but no luck. About auths meaning was in that company there' s no radius, ldap, etc to authenticate users, I can try only local authentication md5sum is correct and I tried to download it 5 times, same thing the update is broken IMHO. First time was thinking the problem was upgrade path from MR5 so I tried MR7p1 and it was successful Later I tried to update again to MR7p2 but again no luck... I will try to register as a partner to open a ticket but I' m not a direct reseller... Thank you Francesco
from the release notes: Upgrading from FortiOS v3.00 MR5 and MR6 to FortiOS v3.00 MR7 is supported. MR7 Patch Release 2 officially supports upgrade from the most recent Patch Release in MR5 and MR6. If you are upgrading from a release prior to MR5, please upgrade to MR5 or MR6 before upgrading to MR7 Patch Release 2. Please refer to the corresponding release notes for the proper upgrade path to MR5 or MR6. if losing the actual configuration does not matter to you, you can try load a fresh image following this article http://kc.forticare.com/default.asp?id=338 regards,

regards

/ Abel

regards / Abel
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors