Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
s_gelineau
New Contributor

Fortigate 30E ADSL2+

Hi !,

I'am french and I'am sorry I do not speak very well English.

I have a Fortigate 30E in 6.0.4 release. I would like to remove my operator modem to replace it with my Fortigate.

I have a ADSL2+ line with French Operator. I have a phone jack with an adsl filter and a RJ11 to RJ45 cable connector.

It's possible to connect the RJ45 on the wan port of my fortigate ?

I have the information about my ADSL line (IP, Gateway, Protocole...)

When I connect the cable rj45 on the wan port of my fortigate, no led flashes, everything must be configured for the port to flash?

Look at the pictures,

https://ibb.co/9HzdhYk

Thanks ! 

1 Solution
Toshi_Esumi
Esteemed Contributor III

FortiGate 30E doesn't terminate any ADSL circuits. It terminates only Ethernet. If you want to handle IPs delivered by the ADSL provider, putting the ADSL modem/router to bridge mode (modem mode) so that the device just convert the signal format from ADSL to Ethernet.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Toshi_Esumi
Esteemed Contributor III

FortiGate 30E doesn't terminate any ADSL circuits. It terminates only Ethernet. If you want to handle IPs delivered by the ADSL provider, putting the ADSL modem/router to bridge mode (modem mode) so that the device just convert the signal format from ADSL to Ethernet.

s_gelineau

Ok, that's what I thought, unfortunately the operators general public blocks the passage in bridge mode, I will just NAT all ports to my Fortigate.

Thanks

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors