Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
nio67
New Contributor II

Fortigate 200D - FortiCare email registration delete

hi all,

i'm totally new on this kind of devices, i received a used fortigate 200D (OS 6.0.2),  licence are expired but i would like to use all the other  available functions.

in the FortiCare support field there is the old owner email registration, is there a way to delete it? 

I hope someone can help me. 

6 REPLIES 6
mauromarme
Staff
Staff

Hello @nio67 

I hope you are doing well.
Just go to the dashboard and look for FortiCloud. If you put the cursor over it, a little pop out should appear that says " Launch Portal " and " Log Out"
Just click on Log Out.

Mauricio Marin
Fortinet TAC Senior Engineer
nio67
New Contributor II

Hi mauromarme,

thx for your reply.  I will try your suggestion. 

nio67
New Contributor II

i  switched on  the device but  in the forticloud field  it says "not activated" 

what i mean is that i want to delete the email that is shown in the Forti care support, see the attached picture. 

immagine_2023-12-02_111649682.png

hbac

Hi @nio67,

The serial number was registered under an old FortiCare account. You might need to contact Fortinet Customer Service team to transfer the serial number to your FortiCare account. 

Regards, 

nio67
New Contributor II

Hi @hbac

this is what  the fortinet chat operator reply to meFortinet Chat.PNG

i think that is a pity to trash the device.

I hope  that someone in here can help me to find a way. 

kmohan
Staff
Staff

Hello nio67,

Kindly follow the KB articles for your requirements:

https://docs.fortinet.com/document/fortigate/7.4.1/administration-guide/737278/deregistering-a-forti...

Karthick
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors