Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
hamed-wasel
New Contributor

Fortigate 100f (downgrade from 6.4.6 to 6.2.3 ) this error appears ....

Hello all,

this error "NP6XLITE: Error: xaui.usxs[8].usxs_port_sts 00000000" appeared when i downgraded

fortigate 100f  hardware firewall from firmware 6.4.6 to 6.2.3 using the recommended downgrade path

(6.2.3 build 6188<<6.4.2 build 1723<<6.4.4 build 5540<<6.4.6 build 1879) and unable to start the firewall

and stucked on this message "

Hamed Wasel
Hamed Wasel
12 REPLIES 12
pkavin
Staff
Staff

Hello,

Downgrading FortiGate is not supported and is usually not recommended. If you would like to use an older version, then you should format the FortiGate and then install the image using TFTP. 

https://community.fortinet.com/t5/FortiWeb/Technical-Tip-How-to-format-and-load-software-version-via...

Are you able to see the BIOS menu when the FortiGate boots up?

Kind regards,

Kavin

Kavin
hamed-wasel

yes , i tried using this option (initialize from TFTP) from the boot menu . but after ###### this hashes appeared then firewall restarted then stucked on this message "NP6XLITE: Error: xaui.usxs[8].usxs_port_sts 00000000"

Hamed Wasel
Hamed Wasel
agodbole
Staff
Staff
hamed-wasel

i already used this method and the same issue founded .

Hamed Wasel
Hamed Wasel
sw2090
Honored Contributor

Did you just reflash or did you also format boot device before flashing? If you only reflashed the config is still there...

-- 

"It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes." - Douglas Adams

-- "It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes." - Douglas Adams
nejcs
New Contributor II

In my experience, If you downgrade the firmware, the only way you can make things work is to apply the config of the same version of the config as the version firmware. Downgrading never keeps all the config and there are always config import errors present. 

If you have FortiCloud enabled, maybe you have a backup for 6.2.3 there?

If not, I would suggest resseting to factory default and pasting the config file manualy, from serial port or sepparate managmed interface. 

good luck, 

Jernej

sw2090
Honored Contributor

yeah either what nejcs wrote or do a factory reset before downgrade. Newer config with older firmware always causes conflicts. 

Since you did not do a factory reset before downgrade you now only have the option left to format boot device plus reflash via TFTP to get the FGT back for factory defaults and downgrade it.

-- 

"It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes." - Douglas Adams

-- "It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes." - Douglas Adams
Markus_M
Staff
Staff

Note that we have the upgrade path, but it does not say that path can be followed reverse.

The path is made to make sure section and config migration is properly done across versions. Guess that is because not every version can be aware of every other older version's settings and sections.

Satheeshd
New Contributor

any permanent solution for this issue I need a solution for this formated and installed but still it's facing the same issues.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors