Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Robert0261
New Contributor

Forticlient does not connect with windows 8

I just bought a new acer windows 8 and I can't get the forticlient to connect.  Anyone have this problem and what can i try?

Thanks

5 REPLIES 5
kolawale_FTNT

To help understand the status better, consider providing the following:

- what is your FortiClient version?

- were you trying to establish an IPsec VPN or SSL VPN connection?

- what error messages did you observe in FortiClient?FortiClient logs could be helpful.

- are you still able to establish the same connection from a different computer?

Robert0261

kolawale_FTNT wrote:

To help understand the status better, consider providing the following:

- what is your FortiClient version?

- were you trying to establish an IPsec VPN or SSL VPN connection?

- what error messages did you observe in FortiClient?FortiClient logs could be helpful.

- are you still able to establish the same connection from a different computer?

Hi,

Thanks for the reply.

FortiClient SSLVPN v4.0.2143  and also downloaded the latest version (v5.2) from forticlient.com.  Same problem with both of them.

No error message on either.  They just never connect.  (Where do i find a log?)

Yes, I have 10 computers all with windows 7 that can connect to the remote server with no problem.  I even have an Acer tablet with windows 8.1 that can connect also.

kolawale_FTNT

To export logs, click the File -> Settings menu in the FortiClient GUI. Select the "Export logs" link.

When you click the "connect" button on the FortiClient GUI, do you observe that the GUI status changes to connecting? Or does it still shows as if you need to click the connect button again? Consider attaching a screenshot of the GUI after you have clicked the "connect" button.

Robert0261

kolawale_FTNT wrote:

To export logs, click the File -> Settings menu in the FortiClient GUI. Select the "Export logs" link.

When you click the "connect" button on the FortiClient GUI, do you observe that the GUI status changes to connecting? Or does it still shows as if you need to click the connect button again? Consider attaching a screenshot of the GUI after you have clicked the "connect" button.

Thanks for you help.  I finally got it to work.  I had to install updates for windows 8.1 and some failed. I had to do windows updates 3 times till all complete and reinstall the forticlient and now it works.  Appreciate your help.

Robert

Shawn_W

Good to know.  Thanks for the info.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors