Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
neissner
New Contributor

Forticlient VPN 7.2.2.0776 stuck on "connecting"

Forticlient VPN 7.2.2.0776 is stuck on "connecting" on a MacbookPro with Monterey 12.7.1

From a quick search I found similar issues because of missing access to disk, but the required access has already been granted. The problem persists, even after restarting the Laptop.  

5 REPLIES 5
Sheikh
Staff
Staff

Hello @neissner 

It's not clear that why it stuck on  "connecting", but have you tried on another "MAC" machine with similar or different OS version ?

Are you using docking station to connect VPN or a wireless ? 

Do you see any relevant logs or events on FortiGate firewall ?

regards,

Sheikh

**If you come across a resolution, kindly show your appreciation by liking and accepting it, ensuring its accessibility for others**
neissner

I tried the same connection with the iOS client (7.2.2.0116) on my phone (iOS 17.0.3) and it worked. Both, the Macbook and the phone use the same WiFi network.

Can't see anything related to trying the connection in the logs. Also, I cannot interrupt the connection intent, I have to shutdown the client for that.

hbac
Staff
Staff

Hi @neissner,

Please check the FortiClient logs https://community.fortinet.com/t5/FortiClient/Technical-Tip-How-to-enable-debug-log-in-FortiClient/t...

Where did you download the FortiClient? 

Regards, 

neissner
New Contributor

I got the client from here: https://www.fortinet.com/support/product-downloads (Forticlient VPN section / macOS download button).
I already tried the logs, but it produces only content during the startup of the client. The connection intent doesn't even reach the logs.
Finally solved the problem (at least temporarily) by installing an unlicensed 7.0.0 version.
neissner

Finally installing FortiClient VPN version 7.0.3 solved the problem. 

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors