Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
IT_N00b
New Contributor II

Forticlient Edge Web Extension

Hi,

For some reason, everyone using edge at my company is suddenly getting nonstop notification from FortiClient System Tray Controller saying: "Microsoft Edge" extension policy anomaly detected, please restart the browser.

This happens anytime you try to open any websites and they just get stuck in loading until it fails. I restarted the browser and I even shut all Edge operations in task manager, nothing works. I cant seem to find any solutions online so was wondering if anyone was familiar with this issue and if they managed to resolve.

Thanks!

1 Solution
ebilcari

After checking the internal ticket I found out that the issue is not properly fixed yet and the case is reopened. You should still randomly get those errors. The team is working and a definitive solution will be provided in 7.2.2.

- Emirjon
If you have found a solution, please like and accept it to make it easily accessible for others.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
ebilcari
Staff
Staff

It's mentioned as resolved issue in the Release Notes for 7.2.0 [851700]

https://docs.fortinet.com/document/forticlient/7.2.0/windows-release-notes/22791/resolved-issues

What version of FortiClient are you running?

- Emirjon
If you have found a solution, please like and accept it to make it easily accessible for others.
IT_N00b
New Contributor II

Looks like its version: 7.2.1.0779

Which should have resolved the issue, maybe by extension policy it means the extension which is the "Fortinet Privileged Access Agent"??

ebilcari

After checking the internal ticket I found out that the issue is not properly fixed yet and the case is reopened. You should still randomly get those errors. The team is working and a definitive solution will be provided in 7.2.2.

- Emirjon
IT_N00b
New Contributor II

Thank you for letting me know, I have updated the team on the matter.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors