Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
GDumaresq
New Contributor II

Forticlient EMS server reboot causes clients to disconnect !!

Hi,

We had to install Windows updates on our Forticlient EMS server and it needed to be rebooted. The problem is that, after the reboot, all our client computers that were connected to the server lost their connection and the only way to have them connect back to the server in order to be protected is by rebooting them.

This makes no sense !!

It's just not acceptable that we'd have to reboot all the client computers everytime the server has to be rebooted.

Has anyone seen this ?

And if so, is there an easier solution to reconnect the clients ??

Thanks

7 REPLIES 7
nicerobot_FTNT

I noticed my EMS server rebooted also. When my clients reboot, they automatically attach to the EMS. The clients that did not reboot ... I had to open FortiClient and click on Connect. A reboot wasn't necessary but I also don't know why it didn't try to connect automatically. Perhaps a setting in profiles? I'll do some investigation.

---

Opinions expressed are my own and may not represent the official opinion of my employer.

GDumaresq

Hi,

Thanks for your feedback.

My problem is that i don't have the "connect" option when i open Forticlient. I've attached an image to show what it looks like (sorry, it's in french).

GDumaresq
New Contributor II

Oups... here's the image

GDumaresq
New Contributor II

Oups... here' the image

Fakruger
New Contributor

Hi,

I have exactly the same issue and its frustrating. We have a large deployment of about 4000 endpoints and cannot restart every time its nearly impossible.

Any solution? 

I tried to find if there is a way to set a retry count but cant seem to find anything.

GDumaresq
New Contributor II

We were told by Fortinet support to update the EMS server to the latest version (6.4.3) and the issue should be fixed.

We did the upgrade but haven't rebooted the server since.

We'll see at the next reboot...

Fakruger

Hi,

We are currently on EMS version 6.4.3 and still have this issue. Have logged it with support as well. Thought some here might have an answer to our problem.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors