Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Icebun
New Contributor III

Forticlient EMS - Web Filtering

Environment

FortiGate 6.4.4

FortiClient EMS 7.0.4 (Cloud)

FortiClient 7.0.5

So I am just starting to look at the Web Filtering module and have some questions:

Q.

Is there any dependency on FortiGate Firewall or can this be ran independently given a lot of my users are WFH?

Q.

Once configured, I see there were prompts to install the Web Filter extension for Chrome and Edge on the detected browsers.

The Chrome extension was found and installed OK but when I tried the one for Edge (Chromium version) it took me to a blank Add-ons page which displayed nothing.

Is this a known bug?

Tried installed the native Chrome extension for Edge but I was still getting prompts.

Q.

Is there any work required on the ForitiGuard setup? I presume that this is part of the licence set you get with Cloud EMS.

1 Solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello @Icebun ,

As per my research, when a FortiClient endpoint is connected to FortiGate/EMS, the Web Security tab becomes the Web Filter tab in the FortiClient console.

For FortiClient in standalone mode, you can enable, disable, and configure web security by using the FortiClient console. You can define what sites are allowed, blocked, or monitored, and you can view violations.

For FortiClient in managed mode, an administrator enables, disables, and configures Web Filter by using a FortiClient profile.

I do not think you would be required to set up Fortiguard. This should be the part of the license with Cloud EMS.

Thanks,

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello @Icebun ,

Thank you for using the Community Forum.

I will seek to get you an answer or help. We will reply to this thread with an update as soon as possible.

Regards,

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello @Icebun ,

As per my research, when a FortiClient endpoint is connected to FortiGate/EMS, the Web Security tab becomes the Web Filter tab in the FortiClient console.

For FortiClient in standalone mode, you can enable, disable, and configure web security by using the FortiClient console. You can define what sites are allowed, blocked, or monitored, and you can view violations.

For FortiClient in managed mode, an administrator enables, disables, and configures Web Filter by using a FortiClient profile.

I do not think you would be required to set up Fortiguard. This should be the part of the license with Cloud EMS.

Thanks,

Icebun
New Contributor III

Thanks Mohit,

Really good of you to come back to me.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors