Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
AskingForHelp
New Contributor III

FortiWifi 80F not showing all availble wireless networks

Hello Community

Wondering why a FortiWifi 80F might not be displaying all available wireless networks. There is a wireless network here which is located close enough to the FortiWifi that it should be seeing it. There is other computers in the area that are seeing the network. I have used the GUI and not seen the network and also run a CLI command to scan but not seen it there either. Any ideas?

diagnose wireless-controller wlsta ap-list

4 REPLIES 4
AskingForHelp
New Contributor III

It will connect when I use the 'Add Network' button to manually add it. However its not showing in the detected list.

ebilcari
Staff
Staff

Make sure the Broadcast SSID is checked for that, most probably is configured as a hidden SSID

broad.PNG

- Emirjon
If you have found a solution, please like and accept it to make it easily accessible for others.
AskingForHelp
New Contributor III

Thanks for the quick reply. Let me clarify one piece. The FortiWifi is operating in client mode, connecting to another wireless network. It is not being used to broadcast.

gfleming

Is that wireless network being broadcast? It's possible the SSID is not being broadcast...

Cheers,
Graham
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors