Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
sel18
New Contributor III

FortiSwitch SFP issue

Hi,

Please any help i want to know if the FortiSwitch 124E can work with an cisco SFP 1000BaseSX SFP.

version 6.2.3

I changed an switch cisco 2960 by a new a FortiSwitch 124E standalone cabling to a switch core cisco 3750 but it didn't work, i don't know exactly the problem

any suggestion please !

thanks in advance.

1 Solution
EEHC
Contributor

sh system interface port25
config system interface
edit "port25"
set vdom "root"
set type physical
set mediatype sr
set snmp-index 27
set speed 10000full
next
end

EEHC

View solution in original post

EEHC
9 REPLIES 9
EEHC
Contributor

Generally, the devices either be restricted to allow specific SFP models (even for the same vendor) or allow any SFP from any vendor. Even for the same vendor yo could some devices are restricted and others are unrestricted. This is because they sometimes aquire devices from another vendor under their logo. 

EEHC
EEHC
sel18
New Contributor III

thanks for your reply @EEHC, did this can be the problem because the port from the switch core is down/down

where can i find the list of supported SFP by FortiSwitch please ? or there are any config should be added to the port in side of the FS and Cisco 3750 ?

thanks in advance.

EEHC

EEHC
EEHC

EEHC
EEHC

" or there are any config should be added to the port" sometimes you need to change port speed if the port accepts different SFP types. use the commands ( get system interface transceiver) and (get hardware nic port) to check the installation. Use (show system interface port9) to check the spped configured.

EEHC
EEHC
EEHC
Contributor

sh system interface port25
config system interface
edit "port25"
set vdom "root"
set type physical
set mediatype sr
set snmp-index 27
set speed 10000full
next
end

EEHC
EEHC
sel18
New Contributor III

thank you @EEHC 

the link between cisco switch and fortiswitch become UP/UP now when configured the speed in both side but still no traffic

i didn't find exactly the SFP supported, i want to verify that " SFP cisco glc-sx-mmd 1000base-sx " is supported or no ? how i can check this please ?

thanks in advance

EEHC
Contributor

You have two methods. Either try to install SFP and check if the device detects or not. You know that physically if the interface is not shut that a leight is sent out and the port of the connected device is up. If a device accepts SFP from another vendor, you expected that it will accept from others. The problem is when you make an order. In this case, you have to ask if anyone installed foreign  SFPP in this device or search on the internet.

EEHC
EEHC
sel18
New Contributor III

thanks @EEHC the SFP is supported by FS and the problem is solved by the reconfiguration of speed in both side (FS and cisco switch) and config the write the vlan access ID in native and allowed and untagged vlan. also in the trunk port should write all the vlan ID in allowed VLAN.

thank you

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors