Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
DsB
New Contributor

FortiSwitch 1024D Transceiver issue.

Hi i am new to this, i have a FortiSwitch 1024D that can only indentify the transceiver on any given port after a reboot.

Is there a command that can refresh or reset a transceiver on a port?

Regards.

4 REPLIES 4
rgracioli_FTNT

Hi,

It's not necessary to reboot FortiSwitch for a transceiver to be recognised. Make sure you're using a compatible transceiver (https://docs.fortinet.com/document/fortiswitch/6.4.4/fortiswitch-compatible-transceivers). 

Rafael Gracioli | Consulting Systems Engineer, ADC and Switching m: +31 6 50 28 72 99 | skype: rgracioli | e: rgracioli@fortinet.com

DsB

Hi, the transceiver is SFP1G-LX-31 1000Base SFP 1310nm 10KM, is this compatible with this unit?

Regards.

rgracioli_FTNT

Hi, the type mentioned is supported, but you may be using a transceiver model that is not MSA compliant. I suggest that you open a case with support to have it checked. 

Rafael Gracioli | Consulting Systems Engineer, ADC and Switching m: +31 6 50 28 72 99 | skype: rgracioli | e: rgracioli@fortinet.com

DsB

Is there a command line that can help me check that?

I have notice the following error in the events of the fortiswitch "failed BASE ID Check Sequence" in the port where the transceiver is connected.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors