Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
BadAzz
New Contributor

FortiSIEM 6.3.3 - CentOS 8 EOL

Hi!

I have question about FSIEM and CentOS 8 EOL.

We will get new updates from Fortinet or we will migrate to new OS?

Best Regards

JZ
JZ
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello @BadAzz 

Welcome to Fortinet community and Thank you for your post. Hopefully, you've been keeping safe and doing well!

We see you have some question related to FortiSIEM OS. We will have this looked and will reach you back as soon as possible.

You should receive an update from one of the team member soon. Thanks for your patience on this.

Regards
Debbie_FTNT
Staff
Staff

Hey Bad,

I'm not a FortiSIEM engineer, but as far as I can see in internal documentation, there are plans to upgrade to CentOS 8.5 in place. For more information, you might want to open a Technical Support Ticket and get in touch with the FortiSIEM support team directly.

Hope that helps :)

+++ Divide by Cucumber Error. Please Reinstall Universe and Reboot +++
DanMichellB
New Contributor

Hey there JZ,I saw your post about FortiSIEM 6.3.3 and CentOS 8 EOL. I understand that you are wondering about getting new updates from Fortinet or migrating to a new OS.It sounds like Fortinet has plans to upgrade to CentOS 8.5 in place, but it's not confirmed yet.Also, it's worth noting that if you're looking for alternative solutions, you might want to consider migrating to a different version of Linux. For example, CentOS 7 End of Life Extended Lifecycle Support. But it still can be used with Extended Lifecycle Support. You can check out the TuxCare website.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors