Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
storaid
Contributor

FortiOS v5.6.3 is out!

today v5.6.3 has been released...

I'm curious...

starting from this version, are you using lazy-loading to improve page loading???

FWF60D x2 FWF60C x3 FGT80C rev.2 FGT200B-POE FAP220B x3 FAP221B x2

FSW224B x1

FWF60D x2 FWF60C x3 FGT80C rev.2 FGT200B-POE FAP220B x3 FAP221B x2 FSW224B x1
1 Solution
rojekj
New Contributor III

Again, new version, new bugs. As always. Again I'm disapointed.

I don't think that it was tested at all.

For me it is even more annoying, because I have FG 500E, probably first device in Poland. And 5.6.3 is the first firmware from 5.6 tree, I can't downgrade even if I would want. Another thing, 500E doesn't have internal hard disk and can log only to FAZ, but current GA FAZ release 5.6.0 doesn't cooperate with 500E :D

View solution in original post

64 REPLIES 64
AlexFeren
New Contributor III

> no new features were added????...

This post:

[ul]
  • even release .. will not implement new functionality with the minor update.
  • odd version .. will implement new feature ask by a customer (no public release)[/ul]
  • emnoc
    Esteemed Contributor III

Agreed , updates just fix things. New features comes in the major release.

PCNSE 

NSE 

StrongSwan  

PCNSE NSE StrongSwan
    storaid

I ask this because I found the folllowing section from release notes:

"What’s new in FortiOS 5.6.3 For a list of new features and enhancements that have been made in FortiOS 5.6.3, see the What’s New for FortiOS 5.6.3 document in the Fortinet Document Library"

and I found something changed...

e.g., new dyanmic routing GUI design, SDN, a little GUI table change...

FSW224B x1

hklb
    Contributor II

Hi,

There are some new features on this release, like session-based kerberos authentication using web-auth-cookie

Like always, there is a high delay between FortiOS release and documentation....

Lucas

AtiT
    Valued Contributor

Hi, I am not sure whether it is 5.6.3 issue but we have no problem with this before.

We have some webfilter profiles in proxy mode and SSL inspection as certificate inspection.

The users started to received SSL error messages in the browsers with the FGT serial number in CN of the certificate.

We switched the webfilter profiles also into flow-mode but not helped.

As SSL inspection is certificate inspection it should not throw any ssl related messages when the category is pass or monitor.

Does anyone experiancing the same issue?

AtiT

AtiT
    FGTuser
    New Contributor III

AtiT wrote:

We switched the webfilter profiles also into flow-mode but not helped.

As SSL inspection is certificate inspection it should not throw any ssl related messages when the category is pass or monitor.

You can disable HTTPS replacement messages per profile in CLI.

Regarding flow mode - as far as I've tested, since 5.4 flow/proxy setting per profile unfortunately doesn't work anymore, you have to set whole firewall or VDOM to flow inspection mode. You shouldn't get any replacement message in flow mode though.

FGTuser
    New Contributor III

Lot of bad news, so let's have a good one too :)

HUGE improvement in SoC3 memory management, so finally/hopefully no regular conserve mode anymore.

storaid

OndrejD wrote:

Lot of bad news, so let's have a good one too :)

HUGE improvement in SoC3 memory management, so finally/hopefully no regular conserve mode anymore.

hello,

that means all soc3 product line like entry-level 6xE was included to memory improvement????

FSW224B x1

FGTuser
    New Contributor III

I can confirm 6xE. Memory issues were on SoC3 with 2GB RAM.

10xE with 4GB RAM were OK regarding memory, but they had different issues...seems to be solved as well so far.

AlexFeren
    New Contributor III

To backtrack on my own and this assertion...
    ... New features comes in the major release.
    What's New in FortiOS 5.6.3 introduces Hotspot 2.0.
    Labels
    Top Kudoed Authors