Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
RolandBaumgaertner72
New Contributor II

FortiOS 7.4.4 official release date?

Hi,

we have some issues with FortiAPs after upgrading to 7.4.3 and from the support we got like just wait until 7.4.4 to solve this problem but nobody has given us an official release date? I mean like if it takes until May, maybe we have to plan to do some downgrades.

Thanks!

7 REPLIES 7
smaruvala
Staff
Staff

Hi,

Current tentative release date is on April 30th. This is an ETA and it is subjected for changes. I am suspecting by first week of May you should be getting this release

Regards,

Shiva

RolandBaumgaertner72

Thanks for your information.

We will check with the APs, like last week we only had to restart 4 of them and so maybe it makes sense waiting 2-3 weeks instead of performing an downgrade.

smaruvala

Hi,

Sorry for the confusion, Are you looking for FortiAP's version 7.4.4 version or FortiOS 7.4.4 version?

For Fortigate/FortiOS 7.4.4 version will be released on April 30th (tentatively). I think the latest FortiAP version which is available is 7.4.2.  As you mentioned version 7.4.3 I am assuming you are talking about the FortiOS devices.

Regards,

Shiva

Dabs971
New Contributor

Hi all, actually there is a fortiap 7.4.3 only obtainable from support. It corrected all our issues with APs rebooting, failing etc etc, the file name is FAP_221E-v700-build4156-FORTINET.out

Dabs971
New Contributor

Hi,

I don't know if my post got deleted but like I said there is a FortiAp 7.4.3 which did resolve all our 221e and 223e issues (bricked, disconected on a regular bassis) all this beig a consequence of FortiOs 7.4.3. We obtained it directly from support as it is not directly downloadable from Fortinet. If you need my ticket number or more info I'de happy to assit.

smaruvala
Staff
Staff

Hi,

If you are looking for 7.4.4 FortiOS version then we have the ETA for the release to be April 30th. The dates are subjected to changes. We don't have a release date for 7.4.4 FortiAP version yet.

Regards,

Shiva

helencarter
New Contributor

It sounds like you're experiencing some challenges with FortiAPs after upgrading to version 7.4.3, and despite seeking support, you've been advised to wait until version 7.4.4 for a potential solution. Unfortunately, there's been no official release date provided for this update, leaving you uncertain about when the issue might be resolved.

The transition to a new software version can sometimes introduce unforeseen complications, and it seems that this is the case with your FortiAPs after the upgrade to 7.4.3. While it's frustrating not to have an immediate solution, it's common for software vendors to address such issues in subsequent updates.

In situations like these, communication with your vendor or support team is crucial. Expressing your concerns about the impact of the issue on your operations and seeking updates on the progress toward resolving it can help keep you informed and potentially expedite the release of a fix.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors