Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Hosemacht
Contributor II

FortiOS 6.4.7 is out!

lot of Bug Fixes but WAD Memory Leak (712584) still persists witch keeps me from updating.

What do you think?

sudo apt-get-rekt

sudo apt-get-rekt
1 Solution
Kangming

Hi Hosemacht, 

Yes, this bug(WAD Memory Leak ID:712584) has not been fixed yet. At present, our R&D team is working hard to locate it. The possible cause is caused by some specific HTTP traffic or FTP traffic or other special traffic, so this is not an issue that every FGT customer who uses the AV feature will encounter. 

If you really encountered this issue, now there is a temporary solution. We can use the script function to restart the wad process regularly, such as restarting the wad process at 1:00 am every night. Usually, memory leaks will take some days or weeks to appear, Therefore, before the bug is not resolved, we can find a suitable cycle without affecting the business to restart the wad process, which can effectively prevent the FGT from entering the Memory conserve mode. 

The script to restart WAD can refer to this kb document:

https://kb.fortinet.com/kb/microsites/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalId=FD46670&sliceId=...

Thanks

Kangming

Thanks

Kangming

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
mike_dp
New Contributor

We are at 6.4.5 and everything runs smoothly. We will prob wait for the WAD issue to be fixed before upgrading further since we don't have that issue so far. We still have lots of employees working from home so the WAD isn't much used like it used to.

Fortigate : 80E, 80F, 100E, 200F, 300E : 6.4.6

FortiAnalyzer, ForticlientEMS

Fortigate : 80E, 80F, 100E, 200F, 300E : 6.4.6 FortiAnalyzer, ForticlientEMS
Kangming

Hi Hosemacht, 

Yes, this bug(WAD Memory Leak ID:712584) has not been fixed yet. At present, our R&D team is working hard to locate it. The possible cause is caused by some specific HTTP traffic or FTP traffic or other special traffic, so this is not an issue that every FGT customer who uses the AV feature will encounter. 

If you really encountered this issue, now there is a temporary solution. We can use the script function to restart the wad process regularly, such as restarting the wad process at 1:00 am every night. Usually, memory leaks will take some days or weeks to appear, Therefore, before the bug is not resolved, we can find a suitable cycle without affecting the business to restart the wad process, which can effectively prevent the FGT from entering the Memory conserve mode. 

The script to restart WAD can refer to this kb document:

https://kb.fortinet.com/kb/microsites/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalId=FD46670&sliceId=...

Thanks

Kangming

Thanks

Kangming

boneyard
Valued Contributor

i was pretty happy with 6.4.6 but there are several fixes in 6.4.7 which make me wonder if .7 isn't the better one. random ssl cert pop up in flow and hairpin NAT issue in proxy. it remains annoying such basic functionality just breaks.

Kangming

boneyard wrote:

i was pretty happy with 6.4.6 but there are several fixes in 6.4.7 which make me wonder if .7 isn't the better one. random ssl cert pop up in flow and hairpin NAT issue in proxy. it remains annoying such basic functionality just breaks.

Hi Boneyard, 

You mentioned two issues:

->hairpin NAT issue in proxy

It should be said that this #714647, in fact, has been fixed in V6.4.7/V7.0.1. 

We can see #714647 in Release Notes “Resolved issues”.

But there is another issue you mentioned:

->random ssl cert pop up in flow

I didn't find the relevant mantis. Could you tell me some clues and links that you know about this issue? If there is accurate information, we will track it and deal with this issue as soon as possible.

Thank you

Thanks

Kangming

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors