Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Carl_Wallmark
Valued Contributor

FortiOS 5.6.2 is out...

They fixed the SSLVPN bug! :)

FCNSA, FCNSP
---
FortiGate 200A/B, 224B, 110C, 100A/D, 80C/CM/Voice, 60B/C/CX/D, 50B, 40C, 30B
FortiAnalyzer 100B, 100C
FortiMail 100,100C
FortiManager VM
FortiAuthenticator VM
FortiToken
FortiAP 220B/221B, 11C

FCNSA, FCNSP---FortiGate 200A/B, 224B, 110C, 100A/D, 80C/CM/Voice, 60B/C/CX/D, 50B, 40C, 30BFortiAnalyzer 100B, 100CFortiMail 100,100CFortiManager VMFortiAuthenticator VMFortiTokenFortiAP 220B/221B, 11C
3 Solutions
emnoc
Esteemed Contributor III

UPDATE

In v5.6.2 , my cert { pfx }  import issues went away. Also I can now use the certificate for admin-gui access also.

Ken

PCNSE 

NSE 

StrongSwan  

View solution in original post

PCNSE NSE StrongSwan
emnoc
Esteemed Contributor III

That's a fair assumption. I would wait til at least  4 sub version came out

e.g v5.6.5

And even then, don't expect all to be fixed. I rolled all of my  personal stuff and lab gear back to a stable 5.4.x version.

PCNSE 

NSE 

StrongSwan  

PCNSE NSE StrongSwan
MikePruett
Valued Contributor

I'm avoiding it for production for a while. I will just be happy when NGFW style policies actually work right (and when they support it with zones, the central NAT goes stupid currently)

Mike Pruett Fortinet GURU | Fortinet Training Videos
12 REPLIES 12
gsarica
Contributor

Nice, we were waiting for 5.6.2 due to all the bugs that were reported but only three fixes and five pages worth of known issues, maybe we'll wait a while longer...

emnoc
Esteemed Contributor III

That's good news, let's see what comes up

PCNSE 

NSE 

StrongSwan  

PCNSE NSE StrongSwan
storaid

sslvpn policy with window-device identification enabled issue is still NOT be fixed....

FWF60D x2 FWF60C x3 FGT80C rev.2 FGT200B-POE FAP220B x3 FAP221B x2

FSW224B x1

FWF60D x2 FWF60C x3 FGT80C rev.2 FGT200B-POE FAP220B x3 FAP221B x2 FSW224B x1
MikePruett
Valued Contributor

Bummer that it only fixes 3 bugs or so. Would have really liked to see some of the NGFW policy issues worked out

Mike Pruett Fortinet GURU | Fortinet Training Videos
Kenundrum

On FWF60E running 5.6.0, the firmware update is not showing up as available from fortiguard, only states 5.6.1 is available. Downloaded firmware from the support page and verified the checksum- firmware update fails. It detects the correct version information when you upload, but when you try to actually perform the update an error just shows up saying it failed.

CISSP, NSE4

CISSP, NSE4
emnoc
Esteemed Contributor III

UPDATE

In v5.6.2 , my cert { pfx }  import issues went away. Also I can now use the certificate for admin-gui access also.

Ken

PCNSE 

NSE 

StrongSwan  

PCNSE NSE StrongSwan
jmalhenzie
New Contributor II

Is anyone else having trouble getting NGFW / policy based mode to work as one would expect? I have been trying to make policies allowing only the applications I want, but yet other applications still get allowed on those policies. I would like to only use applications and leave service set to some flavor of all due to the fact that applications can still open on non standard ports. In the example below I am still able to telnet ssh and ftp without ever having my session dropped. Those three examples fall under the middle policy. 

- Justin

- Justin
storaid

DO NOT USE NGFW policy-based mode to configure policy...

for current firmware build, it's very unstable....

FWF60D x2 FWF60C x3 FGT80C rev.2 FGT200B-POE FAP220B x3 FAP221B x2

FSW224B x1

FWF60D x2 FWF60C x3 FGT80C rev.2 FGT200B-POE FAP220B x3 FAP221B x2 FSW224B x1
neonbit
Valued Contributor

I've noticed that when creating a new AP profile, if you change the country to be anything other than US or Canada, the default channels for 2.4GHz are 1,7,13 instead of 1,6,11. They cant be changed in the GUI. I can change it manually via the CLI.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors