Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
hklb
Contributor II

FortiOS 5.2.3 is out

4 Solutions
VicAndr
New Contributor III

...discovered another bug with v.5.2.3. Administrators who are restricted to provision guest accounts only, can't actually print those accounts (to hand over login IDs and passwords to relevant users). In attempt to do so a FortiGate responds with "Error 500: Internal Server Error".

...didn't have this problem before the upgrade [&:].

View solution in original post

Paul_S

hklb wrote:

Change your encoding in your browser (in chrome : option - more tools- encoding - western) and it works.

Support said the encoding error will be fixed in 5.2.4

FG200D 5.6.5 (HA) - primary [size="1"]FWF50B' s 4.3.x, FG60D's 5.2.x, FG60E's 5.4.x                   [Did my post help you? Please rate my post.][/size] FAZ-VM 5.6.5  |  Fortimail 5.3.11 Network+, Security+

FG200D 5.6.5 (HA) - primary [size="1"]FWF50B' s 4.3.x, FG60D's 5.2.x, FG60E's 5.4.x [Did my post help you? Please rate my post.][/size] FAZ-VM 5.6.5 | Fortimail 5.3.11 Network+, Security+
rwpatterson
Valued Contributor III

Also you cannot load the DNS screen.

When upgrading to 5.2.3, the admin accounts have changed from 'super_admin' to 'prof_admin'. We had the same issue here. We simply went into a backup, changed the admin types and restored the config. I did this remotely, hoping I wouldn't have to drive in. It worked flawlessly.

By the way, we got the answer from support. My guru is better than your guru!

Bob - self proclaimed posting junkie!
See my Fortigate related scripts at: http://fortigate.camerabob.com

Bob - self proclaimed posting junkie!See my Fortigate related scripts at: http://fortigate.camerabob.com
TheJaeene
Contributor

@rpetty

Hi,

have you checked the "ALL" Service?

Firewall Service Protocol Number Change 2015-04-02 Subject: Firewall Service Protocol Number Change Released: 2015-04-02 Modified: 2015-04-02  Product: FortiGate

Description:

In FortiOS v5.0.8 and v5.0.9 and v5.2.0 through v5.2.2, the default value of the firewall service protocol number was changed from a value of 0 to 6.

The most commonly observed impact of this change is that after upgrading to the affected firmware, the “ALL” service matches only TCP traffic.

Executing a factory-reset on the FortiGate device does NOT change the default value to 6.

Affected Products:

All FortiGate models.

Resolution:

FortiOS v5.0.10 and v5.2.3 has fixed the issue.  Upon upgrading the FortiGate device, the firewall service protocol number is restored to 0.

Workaround:

Those wishing not to upgrade the firmware can modify the affected firewall services to explicitly set the protocol-number to 0.  For example:

config firewall service custom

edit "ALL"

set protocol-number 0

next

56 REPLIES 56
james512

And the interface page which no longer loads.

rwpatterson
Valued Contributor III

Also you cannot load the DNS screen.

When upgrading to 5.2.3, the admin accounts have changed from 'super_admin' to 'prof_admin'. We had the same issue here. We simply went into a backup, changed the admin types and restored the config. I did this remotely, hoping I wouldn't have to drive in. It worked flawlessly.

By the way, we got the answer from support. My guru is better than your guru!

Bob - self proclaimed posting junkie!
See my Fortigate related scripts at: http://fortigate.camerabob.com

Bob - self proclaimed posting junkie!See my Fortigate related scripts at: http://fortigate.camerabob.com
james512
New Contributor

Ah thanks very much! I will give that a go right away.

I need to get a better guru :).

rpetty
New Contributor

I have been testing the new 5.2.3 firmware and upgrading a fwf60D from 5.0.10 to 5.2.3.  After upgrading I can no longer ping the lan interface and I don't show the interface in the arp table on a computer directly connected to the interface.  Has anyone else had issues with the software switch after upgrading?

TheJaeene
Contributor

@rpetty

Hi,

have you checked the "ALL" Service?

Firewall Service Protocol Number Change 2015-04-02 Subject: Firewall Service Protocol Number Change Released: 2015-04-02 Modified: 2015-04-02  Product: FortiGate

Description:

In FortiOS v5.0.8 and v5.0.9 and v5.2.0 through v5.2.2, the default value of the firewall service protocol number was changed from a value of 0 to 6.

The most commonly observed impact of this change is that after upgrading to the affected firmware, the “ALL” service matches only TCP traffic.

Executing a factory-reset on the FortiGate device does NOT change the default value to 6.

Affected Products:

All FortiGate models.

Resolution:

FortiOS v5.0.10 and v5.2.3 has fixed the issue.  Upon upgrading the FortiGate device, the firewall service protocol number is restored to 0.

Workaround:

Those wishing not to upgrade the firmware can modify the affected firewall services to explicitly set the protocol-number to 0.  For example:

config firewall service custom

edit "ALL"

set protocol-number 0

next

rpetty
New Contributor

I have checked the service change for all.  I ran into the all service protocol change a while ago when upgrading to 5.0.11 but have that fixed.  When I upgrade to 5.2.3 I can no longer ping/connect to the LAN interface on the Fortigate.  I have also tried to connect to websites and ping 8.8.8.8 with no success.  When I run diag sniffer packet any 'host 10.2.95.5' I never see any traffic from my source IP.

technologist36
New Contributor

I have the same issues of loading the interfaces and DNS screens after the upgrade to 5.2.3Downgraded back to 5.2.2

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors