Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
kyle-hsuan
New Contributor II

FortiManager ADOM GlobalDatabase How to Normalized Interface

I want to use ADOM Global Database create firewall policy, then assigned to multiple root ADOM device's policy package.

So first step, I want to normalize interface on the global database, then I create firewall policy could easily identify multiple devices physical interface name mapping.

But I can't normalized interface on the ADOM global database

Or have any suggestions?

Thanks.

1 Solution
smkml

Hi @kyle-hsuan ,

Yes, you can. By added the devices into the installation target of the policy package.

installation target.png

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
smkml
Staff
Staff

Hi @kyle-hsuan ,

This is expected behavior in Global Database, since no device managed under the ADOM and you cannot per-device mapped it. The feasible way to normalized interface is after created the policies and assigned to your ADOM.

global database behavior.png

kyle-hsuan
New Contributor II

Hi @smkml 

So, if i want to create a policy and install to two fortigate devices, only can using same policy package?

smkml

Hi @kyle-hsuan ,

Yes, you can. By added the devices into the installation target of the policy package.

installation target.png

tiateng1
New Contributor

I highly suggest you go take the training for NSE5 Fortimanager. It's free and available on Fortinets training site. Just watch the slides and listen to the...terrible narration. It will take you half a day and will save you endless headaches. It won't touch all there is within FMG but it will get you the core knowledge that will help you be successful https://vidmate.bid/  .

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors