Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Mohamed_Anwar
New Contributor II

FortiMail server mode migration

Hello Forti guys,

I have a physical Fortimail 400E server mode and we would like to migrate to the new Fortimail 1000D server mode.

1) Is 400E Compatible with 1000D to backup and restore configuration?

2) How to backup and restore mailboxes of all users from 400E to 1000D?

3) The migration can be one shoot or will be divided into phases of testing?

The migration project is stopped due to backup and restore mailboxes from the old appliance to the new one. 

Thank you.

Mohamed Anwar
Mohamed Anwar
1 Solution
abelio
Valued Contributor

Hi Mohamed

@Mohamed_Anwar wrote:

No; as any other scenarios with mixed models, you'll need to adapt configurations or use another available path.

There's a documented procedure for migration between FMLs and FML and another MTA, using IMAP, it is  very straightforward . I used it a couple of times, you'll need some patience waiting syncing mailboxes, but it works.

Look into https://docs.fortinet.com/document/fortimail/6.4.7/administration-guide/326016/migrating-email-from-...

One recommendation: For migration, keeps boths FMLs in the same firmware version
After migrated, take your FML1000D to the version you need.

One shot.

regards

/ Abel

View solution in original post

regards / Abel
3 REPLIES 3
Anthony_E
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello Mohammed,

Thank you for using the Community Forum.

I will seek to get you an answer or help. We will reply to this thread with an update as soon as possible.

Regards,

Anthony-Fortinet Community Team.
abelio
Valued Contributor

Hi Mohamed

@Mohamed_Anwar wrote:

No; as any other scenarios with mixed models, you'll need to adapt configurations or use another available path.

There's a documented procedure for migration between FMLs and FML and another MTA, using IMAP, it is  very straightforward . I used it a couple of times, you'll need some patience waiting syncing mailboxes, but it works.

Look into https://docs.fortinet.com/document/fortimail/6.4.7/administration-guide/326016/migrating-email-from-...

One recommendation: For migration, keeps boths FMLs in the same firmware version
After migrated, take your FML1000D to the version you need.

One shot.

regards

/ Abel

regards / Abel
Mohamed_Anwar

Hi Abello,

Thank you for your reply that help me a lot.

I have a question :

Address book sharing of fortimail , Is that necessary to share fortimail address book using outlook to create LDAP profile and assign it to Recipient policy?

Mohamed Anwar
Mohamed Anwar
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors