Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
LajosKulcsar
New Contributor

FortiMail - Consolidating multiple personal quarantines

Hello,

We are running ForitMail 7.2.0 in gateway mode with multiple protected domains using LDAP auth for recipient based policies.

Is there a way to consolidate all the bulk folders of a single user that has multiple aliases in multiple protected domains?

For example we have:

primary mail attribute:

• user1@domain.com

proxyaddresses:

• user@domain.com
  • user1@differentdomain.com
  • user@anotherdifferentdomain.com

This would lead to 4 separate personal quarantines 2 of them being in the same domain, rest different domains:

• user1@domain.com
  • user@domain.com
  • user1@differentdomain.com
  • user@anotherdifferentdomain.com

Is there a way to consolidate them into one single personal quarantine, so we can see all bulk folders without having to log into each of them separately?

I know there is a way to configure secondary accounts for each user, but it requires a lot of micromanagement and it isn't very user friendly.

Has anyone faced this issue before?

2 REPLIES 2
srajeswaran
Staff
Staff

We need to enable the "User Alias Option" in the configured LDAP profile. This will consolidate all quarantined emails and reports to the primary email account.

Regards,

Suraj

- Have you found a solution? Then give your helper a "Kudos" and mark the solution.

LajosKulcsar

Dear Suraj,

We have User Alias Option configured in our LDAP profiles in a way that was recommended by a FortiNet TAC Engineer however, it still does not want to work.

UserAliasOptionUserAliasOption

I'm wondering, what are we doing wrong?

I'm also aware that you have to set up LDAP auth for each recipient policy, and the first recipient match will be used for WebMail auth. Still, for some reason, I cannot make it work how it's intended.

Is it even possible to make this work in Gateway mode?

Regards,

Lajos Kulcsár

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors