Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
upsales-devops
New Contributor

FortiGate system time and log timestamp not matching

ModelFortiGate 200F
Versionv7.2.7 build1577

When viewing logs and system events in the UI the event timestamp is one hour behind system time.

I'm suspecting some bug with DST not applying to logged events.

I have attached multiple screenshots showing the diffs and settings.

Screenshot 2024-04-25 at 15.44.05.png

Current system time is correct

Screenshot 2024-04-25 at 15.38.49.png

Last Access Time should be 15:32:59

Screenshot 2024-04-25 at 15.59.05.png

These logs are current and are showing one hour wrong

Screenshot 2024-04-25 at 15.56.27.png

1 Solution
ozkanaltas
Contributor III

Hello @upsales-devops ,

Can you check this setting in the System -> Settings menu? 

If this setting is configured with "browser timezone" logs are shown with a browser time zone setting.

image.png

If you have found a solution, please like and accept it to make it easily accessible to others.
NSE 4-5-6-7 OT Sec - ENT FW

View solution in original post

If you have found a solution, please like and accept it to make it easily accessible to others.NSE 4-5-6-7 OT Sec - ENT FW
3 REPLIES 3
ozkanaltas
Contributor III

Hello @upsales-devops ,

Can you check this setting in the System -> Settings menu? 

If this setting is configured with "browser timezone" logs are shown with a browser time zone setting.

image.png

If you have found a solution, please like and accept it to make it easily accessible to others.
NSE 4-5-6-7 OT Sec - ENT FW
If you have found a solution, please like and accept it to make it easily accessible to others.NSE 4-5-6-7 OT Sec - ENT FW
upsales-devops

Our setting was FortiGate timezone, and changing to Browser timezone did make the timestamps show up correctly.

This feels like it's not the proper way to solve this issue, but it does solve issue we are facing so I will accept it as a solution.

HarperGreene
New Contributor

Yes, you are right, Mine is also solved.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors