Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
MVSantoshReddy
New Contributor

FortiGate - can we find a root cause for HA interfaces Packet loss for previous events.

Is there any way to find the cause for packet loss on HA interface, which was recorded on events as "HA packet loss"

when the issue is occurring / live there is a KB article to follow but is there any way to find the cause for happened issue?

Version 7.2.7

Model: 100F.

5 REPLIES 5
AEK
SuperUser
SuperUser

For happened issue, if you are lucky you can find something interesting in HA logs, system logs & debug logs, otherwise I think you can't find the root cause.

AEK
AEK
MVSantoshReddy
New Contributor

Unfortunately, we have found nothing strong to justify the cause factor from HA logs / Event logs, but I wish there should be something to record, because all the time we cannot have the backup HA links.
in my case HA backup link triggered as primary because of Packet loss.

Anyway - thanks for response.

hbac
Staff
Staff

Hi @MVSantoshReddy,

We need debug outputs to identify the issue. You can refer to this article: https://community.fortinet.com/t5/FortiGate/Troubleshooting-Tip-How-to-troubleshoot-HA-Heartbeat-pac...

Regards, 

MVSantoshReddy
New Contributor

I think, above debug will help only when the issue is happening / live. correct?

I wanted to know for happened issue.

stevewills46
New Contributor

Investigating root causes of HA interface packet loss can be crucial for network stability. Have you checked FortiGate logs or Fsginspections diagnostic tools for more insights? Utilizing network monitoring and analysis can help pinpoint the issue for further troubleshooting.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors