Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
aHOLicx
New Contributor II

FortiGate-VM restore evaluation license from FortiCare

Hi,

I have a FortiGateVM Trial registered to my FortiCare account. I want to use that trial license in the account with another FortiGateVM with different serial number, in case of FortiGateVM is broken or deleted then need to create a new one. Is it possible?

Thank you.

9 REPLIES 9
abarushka
Staff
Staff

Hello,

FortiGate VM license is not bound to certain VM permanently. FortiGate VM license can be loaded on another VM, however only one VM with certain license can be running. In other words 2 VMs cannot run the same license simultaneously.

FortiGate
aHOLicx
New Contributor II

Hi, 
abarushka

In my understanding, The VM license is bounding to serial number and UUID. So when you create a new VM, system generate new serial number and UUID. When import the VM license, the FortiGateVM return serial number and UUID mismatch. This is my point, is it possible to remove registered vm in the FortiCloud account?

Thank you

kvimaladevi

Hi aHOlicx,

Yes we can remove the registered VM from Forticloud account but once we re-register the license it will create a new serial number, the same SN cannot be obtained.

Regards,

Vimala

aHOLicx
New Contributor II

Hi,
kvimaladevi 

Can I remove the registered VM from the FotiCloud account manually (and how) or do I have to open a ticket with TAC?

Thank you

abarushka

Hello,

It should be possible to use single VM license on multiple VMs as long as VMs are not running simultaneously.

If you face any issues with license you may consider to check license debug traces by running the commands below:

diagnose debug application update -1

diagnose debug enable

execute update-now

FortiGate
Roman2
New Contributor

have you solved it pls? if yes then how? I do have the same issue here! 

Roman2
New Contributor

ok nevermind...I have found out finally!

lr2905
New Contributor

Hi! 

How did you solve it?

Hasina

Excuse moi , est ce que vous pouvez me donnée des VM de test

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors